Hurricane Ida Update + Resources
To Our Members —
As many of us have experienced damage and loss to your personal and business properties, please know that SCIA stands with you — in assistance and prayer.
Our people and our communities are resilient and always recover and rebuild quicker than expected. It’s that will, ingenuity, and culture that makes south Lousiana so special and the reason so many of us choose to call this home.
In the coming weeks and months, we will update you all on upcoming events and resource. If in the time before that you are in need of any assistance or resource, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Additonally, our office suffered severe damage and we will not be able to occupy it again for quite some time. We are working remotely, but can still receive your phone and email messages.
We look forward to rebuilding our community alongside you and being a valuable resource along the way.
— SCIA Board & Staff
Updates + Resources
Small Business Administration — Low-interest, fixed-rate, long-term loans to help overcome the effects of the disaster. You may call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955, email DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov or visit http://www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance for more information on SBA disaster assistance.
Louisiana Economic Development — Hurricane Recovery Resources
Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center — Provides the latest news, resources, and alerts to the Louisiana business community.
Louisiana Small Business Development Center — Assistance and resources for business recovery.
Louisiana Business Interruption Insurance FAQs — information regarding business interruption insurance coverage.
Sleca continues to work to restore power with several areas already restored. Updates can be found on their Facebook page here.
TPCG Utilities is providing updates here.
The following are community WiFi access points.
- 171 Leighton Rd., Thibodaux
- Network: RTC Community WiFi — No Password. This is open to everyone.
- Vision Communications
- 115 West 10th Blvd, Larose
- 132 W 111th St., Galliano
- 178 Ludwig Ln., Grand Isle
- Network: Vision community WiFi — No Password. This is open to everyone.
- Comcast/Xfinity WiFi Vans
- Residents who are in range of the vans will have free internet access.
- The service is available for anyone to use, including non-Xfinity customers.
- Locaiton: Wal-Mart Supercenter, 1633 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd in Houma. Hours of Operation are Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday noon to 4 p.m.
- The van’s WiFi can accommodate up to 300 users at one time.
Parish Emergency Operations Updates:
If additional resources are available that we have not listed or you need an update on other resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.