Local and Regional Assistance
- Terrebonne Economic Development Authority – TEDA www.tpeda.org will provide you with Business, Employee and Individual Assistance. This is a comprehensive website for information, including SBA information.
- South Louisiana Economic Council – SLEC www.bayouregion.com will provide you with a Regional Damage Assessment Survey and SBA Disaster Loan Center
- H-T Chamber of Commerce – www.houmachamber.com will provide you with Terrebonne Parish Business Recovery Assessment
- Parish Offices for Emergency Preparedness –
Terrebonne Parish: www.tohsep.com
Lafourche Parish: www.lafourchegov.org/government/departments/homeland-security-emergency-preparedness
Assumption Parish: www.assumptionla.com/oep
St. Mary Parish: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parish Websites for Updated Information and Services -
Terrebonne Parish: www.tpcg.org
Lafourche Parish: www.lafourchegov.org
Assumption Parish: www.assumptionla.com
St. Mary Parish: www.stmaryparishla.gov
LouisianaForward.com has been updated with relevant business assistance links (FEMA, SBA). The information on the site, which also can be accessed at LouisianaForward.com/BizHelp, will be updated with new resources as they become available. Interested businesses can also sign up for email alerts about assistance available in the aftermath of Hurricane Gustav and Ike.
Comprehensive One-Stop Career Center
Terrebonne Parish District Attorney Joseph L. Waitz, Jr. warns businesses and individuals to beware of contractor fraud. For fraud complaints, contact Capt. Carey Bergeron at the Sheriff's office at 985-876-2500 or the DAs office at 985-873-6500.
- Be aware of contractors that request money before the job is complete.
- Ask for occupational license. Be aware of contractors that do not have licenses on their person.
- Ask for proof of general liability insurance and workers compensation insurance.
- Try to use contractors that you know or ask for references.
- Use local contractors first.
- Do not let contractors pressure you.
If you have to use a contractor that you do not know get as much information from them as possible, get a reference, get a written estimate, get a written contract and get warranty.